Jesse E. Smith, M.D., F.A.C.S
Dr. Smith is Board Certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He is one of a small group of surgeons that has achieved Dual Board Certification in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery as well as Head and Neck Surgery.
◦ Can reduce symptoms of PMS
◦ Assist with menstrual cycles by improving mood swings, cramping, bloating, and headaches
◦ Plays a vital role in women suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and may help with getting pregnant and decreasing risk of miscarriage
◦ May protect against uterine and breast cancer, osteoporosis, fibrocystic disease, ovarian cysts, and cardiovascular disease
◦ Should be continued after menopause for optimal benefits and protection
◦ After menopause, women stop producing estrogen
◦ Lack of estrogen leads to vaginal atrophy and loss of lubrication which can lead to urinary incontinence, frequent urinary tract infections (UTIs), and painful intercourse
◦ May decrease fatigue, depression, mood swings, and wrinkles
◦ Can prevent menopausal hot flashes
◦ Can protect against heart disease, stroke, osteopenia, and osteoporosis
◦ Improves balance and cognition and may play a role in preventing Alzheimer’s disease
◦ Boosting testosterone can help improve results at the gym by assisting with building muscle mass while decreasing visceral (abdominal) and subcutaneous fat
◦ Can improve libido, erectile function, and sexual performance
◦ Other health benefits include improved healing, decreased blood pressure, decreased cholesterol, and improved metabolism
The two hormones every woman should NOT live without:
◦ Thyroid and Testosterone
▪ Replacement of these two hormones can improve your overall well-being
▪ Both hormones combat fatigue, weight gain, high cholesterol, thin skin, hair loss, brittle nails, and a weakened metabolism
▪ Feel and look your best with optimal thyroid and testosterone levels!
Types of Hormones
Ideal for: active individuals with overworked muscles and joints and those suffering from arthritis and joint swelling
• Recover, repair and rehydrate
• Increase energy production at the cellular level
• Decrease joint pain, aches, and inflammation
Ideal for: Allergy sufferers, acute and chronic viral infections, feeling “under the weather”
• High dose vitamin C to boost immune system
• Anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties
• Increased liver detoxification
Ideal for: thin hair, skin, nails, those wishing to feel and look younger
• Improve strength and quality of hair, skin, and nails
• Collagen boosting
• Reduction of bloat/swelling
Ideal for: Chronic fatigue, stress, adrenal fatigue
• Improves breakdown of carbs, proteins, and fat into energy
• Increase energy and stamina
• Decrease stress on the body
Ideal for: everyone wanting to feel healthy and energized!
• Loaded with vitamins and minerals to improve mood, energy, and health
Ala Carte Add-ins:
• Glutathione- boost liver function, antioxidant, detoxify
• Carnitine- energy booster
• Arginine- pain reliever, boost immune system, prevent inflammation
• Zinc- stress relief, improve metabolism, improve rate of healing
• L-Lysine- anti-viral
• MSM- detoxify, anti-inflammatory, increase energy, improve skin complexion, strengthen hair and nails
• Skinny shot- boost metabolism and assist with weight loss
• Zofran- anti-nausea
• Traumeel- homeopathic anti-inflammatory
• B12 IM- improve energy
• toradol- pain relief
Improves quality of sleep, improves the immune system, lowers blood pressure, decreases migraine headaches, and has potent anti-oxidative effects.
Protects against heart disease, diabetes, cognitive impairment, fatigue, motivation, and weight gain. Improves cholesterol and memory issues. One of the “feel good” hormones for both women and men.
Improves well-being, energy, strength and endurance. One of the “feel good” hormones for both women and men. Improves libido, hair growth, skin thickness and texture. Increases muscle mass and decreases visceral (abdominal) fat. Improves skin thickness and texture, reduces wrinkles, fat, and cellulite.
Improves “bad” cholesterol and decreases visceral fat, stimulates the immune system, restores sexual vitality. Improves mood, memory, and lowers insulin requirements.
Protects against uterine and breast cancer, osteoporosis, ovarian cysts, and heart disease. Reduces bloating and headaches associated with menstruation. Improves hot flashes and mood swings.
Protects against heart disease, stroke, osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s disease, vaginal atrophy, urinary incontinence, UTI’s, and cataracts. Improves balance and prevents falls. For men, estrogen also helps protect against urinary tract symptoms and BPH (benign prostatic hypertrophy).
What are some common misconceptions about hormone replacement therapy?
Bioidentical hormones (BHRT) do NOT cause cancer! Misleading studies that have dominated the medical community for years focused solely on Synthetic hormones. No study has proven that BHRT has the same negative effect- in fact, they protect from breast and uterine cancer, and heart disease.
▪ Synthetic hormones are made from CEE which is conjugated equine urine from pregnant mares
▪ Bioidentical hormones are plant based and derived from soy or yam products
Most people think they are too young or too old for hormone therapy. Optimizing levels early on improves quality of life and help maintain levels during and after menopause/andropause
“Normal” levels do not mean that someone would not benefit from hormone replacement. Optimal levels are “high normal” levels for improved symptoms and feelings of well-being.
▪ Many doctors and insurance companies do not agree with this because they were taught “hormones are bad!” for years, and they do not want you to feel your best.
What are the benefits of hormone replacement therapy?
▪ Improve daily fatigue
▪ Heart, brain, and bone protection
▪ Improve texture and quality of skin
▪ Prevent hair loss
▪ Increase sexual drive and libido
▪ Increase endurance, strength, and muscle mass while decreasing visceral (abdominal) fat
▪ May decrease risk of several common cancers
▪ Improves cholesterol and insulin sensitivity for health benefits
▪ Helps improve efficiency of diet and exercise